6"x8" Page and Pocket using Prima Desert Collection

How beautiful is this Prima Golden Desert collection? (or Dessert as I so called it not realizing my spelling, and thanks to my wonderful friend for picking that minor error up hehehe).


You can find this stunning collection at Scrap of Your Life.

I was given the challenge to make a 12x12 scrap layout with a matching pocket page. As I love a challenge, and new to scrapbooking, I thought why not, then realized I didn't have the pocket page to match in my collection, so I improvised and came up with a smaller version, a 6"x8" page and matching pocket, of which I used the Simple Stories SN@P - Pocket Pages for 6" x 8" Binders - Size 3" x 4" & 4" x 6", and I love it!


I firstly created the the 6"x8" page using cardstock, and paper from the collection. I created a smaller page for the top of my front page and turned it into a flip page. I then decorated it by stamping skulls and star images using archival ink in orange blossom and black. Over the top, I used a 
number stencil with nuvo mousse in fresh copper, and then added the flowers. The back page I created using magicals in calm back beige and karins coral, and the numbers stencil again.

Once that was dried, I added the elements from the collection, fussy cutting some, using stickers and die cuts on the pages, choosing various images and sayings a I created it.

For the pocket pages, I used the card elements from the back of one of the 12x12 sheets and cut these out. I then added stickers and die cuts to these.

Lastly adding ribbon to the back page and stars and moon elements and the puffy word magical.






I had a lot of fun with this collection and plan on making some more pages to finish an album!

You can find all the products I used from Scrap of Your Life and if you can't find what you need, message Julie and she will source it in!

Happy Crafting

Michelle xx



















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to Mishka's Crafty Creations

Halloween Tags and Cards

Polystyrene circle base and Lemon Craft Silence Papers