Mixed Media Journal Page

Journals are a great way to express yourself, to write down your thoughts and ideas, and even more so through the form of art.

The journal page I created consists of a few different mixed media techniques and a great way to use up bits of papers and embellishments.

I started by tearing pieces of paper from the Pretty Little Studio collection Dream Big. I just tore up the larger pieces and used up some smaller pieces I had lying around and stuck them to the page using a gel medium.


I then lightly went over the top of the page with a white gesso. Using dylusions paint in peony blush and campso teal, I smudged the paint over the page with a paper towel. I then mixed dylusions paint dirty martini and campso teal with texture paste separately and spread these through the Little Birdie circle stencil creating raised circles on the page.

Next I used Nuvo Gliding flakes in silver! I had never used this product before, and I think I have found a new love!  I applied the flakes using a glue pen. First I applied the glue pen in the places I wanted the flakes and using my finger, smudged it in. Finally I sprayed over the green circles with a little Tim Holtz Dylusions spray in tarnished bronze.

I used my heat gun over the page and then let it sit for a little bit. Once it was all dry, I stuck down a tag from the Pretty Little Studio shipping tags, then applied the embellishments.

I used a Dusty Attic creative script, and some wooden hearts, which I sprayed with Nuvo Mist Turkish Rose. While these were drying, I applied the pink leaf ribbon to the page and the crochet doilies with a little glue. The mini jar burlap from Little Birdie came with a dimensional already stuck on the back, so these were easy to place down where I wanted them. The hearts, little flower and script words were also stuck down with a little glue.




The colours came out quite bright and vibrant which I love. The journal is about YOU, with dusty attic script saying "get your hands dirty", "simplicity", "creativity", "do what makes you happy", "masterpiece" etc........ 


Hope you like my creation.

Happy crafting
Michelle xx


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to Mishka's Crafty Creations

Halloween Tags and Cards

Polystyrene circle base and Lemon Craft Silence Papers