Yoga/Meditation Frame

Mediation, Yoga and Pilates, some of my favorite exercises and relaxation go too's, so I decided to make a frame using a Stamping Bella Stamp called Curvy Girl, Namaste for my room.

I chose a wooden frame and decided not to paint it, just sanded it back a little and then stuck on a piece of Vicki Boutin The little things 12x12 paper. The inside of the frame piece, I covered in white cardstock and took a piece of little things paper and embossed it with a favourite art word stencil, ensuring the word Grateful was used. I then punched the corners with a corner punch.


Using my gel plate and stamps zodiac and calendar, I firstly painted the gel plate and smoothed it out with my brayer before stamping the images. For those that have used this technique before, rather than taking my frame and placing it on the Gel Plate to lift the image, I instead used the stamp itself on the frame. 

Then I used my number stencil with the Nuvo mousse in blue, and for the words, I first used texture paste and then once dry, went over them with aquamarine.

I then stamped my Curvy Girl using archival ink in black on watercolour cardstock in white. I coloured with Tim Holtz Distress ink in pickled raspberry, cracked pistachio, walnut stain, vintage photo and tattered rose. Tim Hotlz's Distress crayons would have to be one of my favourite means of colouring over pencils or inks. I just love how they glide on. I then fussy cut the stamped image.

Placing the middle part of the frame back into the frame, I started to add all the different embellishments, starting with the star and hearts. I used gel medium to stick these down, then I added the Havana tickets, flowers and butterflies. Lastly I added the Prima Say it with Crystals. 

On the inside of the frame, I added the bookshelf cutout, the little dog sticker and the curvy girl. I used dimensionals on the back. Lastly I added the Flair with dimensional.

And here is the frame of my Curvy Girl doing Yoga/Mediation - Namaste.

   




You can find all the products from Scrap of Your Life and if you can't find what you need, message Julie and she will source it in!

Happy Crafting

Michelle xx


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to Mishka's Crafty Creations

Halloween Tags and Cards

Polystyrene circle base and Lemon Craft Silence Papers