Mini Album using Dusty Attic Nautical Chipboard

WOW, what another beautiful day! I actually spent most of my morning in my craft room creating a mini album before heading outside to help my husband with installing our new septic tank on our property.

For this project, I used a lot of different ink sprays, and had a lot of fun putting this together using the Dusty Attic Mini Album - Nautical chipboard and 12x12 Mintay Papers - Paradise.

Firstly I covered the chipboard with a vanilla cardstock, then using the Mintay papers chose one from the pattern paper and stuck it on top of the chipboard. Using a craft knife, I cut around the porthole of the chipboard. I then used Manganese Blue archival ink and inked around the edges.

Next I made the inserts, I did these before I created the front cover. The inserts were made with cardstock - vanilla, pink, aqua and yellow, and the Mintay papers - choosing different patterns for each insert. I stuck the Mintay papers on one side of the cardstock.






I then started the cover. Firstly, I sprayed all the bits and pieces from the chipboard pack, using Dylusions ink sprays - fresh lime for the grass, vanilla custard for the sunshine word and brown coffee for the anchor. I also used Distress Ink Antique Bronze on the shells. I then sprayed the porthole with Nuvo Nebula Blue. I also used 3 wooden hearts and sprayed these with Dylusions Peony Blush.

I attached mixed media stones using gel medium to the bottom of the album cover. Still using the gel medium, I then added a piece of muslin, using magicals seagrass green powder sprinkled on top and sprayed it to get the multi colour effect.

I fussy cut two birds, a camera and the beach sign from the Mintay papers pack. Placing these on the front of the album cover using stampin up dimensionals. I then continued adding all the chipboard pieces I had coloured earlier.

Here is the end result of the Mini Album Cover. 


I hope you like it! The inside is now open to add as much or as little bits and pieces as you like, and of course photos of your favorite beach time. 

Happy Crafting

Michelle xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to Mishka's Crafty Creations

Halloween Tags and Cards

Polystyrene circle base and Lemon Craft Silence Papers