Cards using Mintay Papers - Paradise

Hello! Today I wanted to show you some cards I made using Mintay Papers called Paradise. These papers are absolutely stunning, I couldn't wait to play with them.

I used the 6x6 paper pack as I find I don't waste as much paper for cards if I use a 12x12 piece.I had fun playing with texture paste, sand stones and Nuvo shimmer powder.

Firstly I cut out the cardstock in white for the card, and for the cardstock layer, I cut a blue, pink and yellow piece of cardstock. Taking the mintay papers for the top layer, leaving a border around the card. 

Then I added some Nuvo shimmer powder on the Mintay paper, and using a baby wipe, carefully dabbed the powder. I initially used the spray and didn't like the look on how it turned out this way on the card.

Taking my archival inks in Vibrant Fushcia, Sunflower and Paradise Tea, I sponged the edges of the cut out mintay papers.Notice the Mintay papers have a similar background to what colours I have chosen.

Using the texture paste, I added some to the card and using my finger added some stones. Allow to dry.

Then I fussy cut out some of the Mintay papers to add to the card, and using dimensionals, stuck these down, for example I added a little bird, a sailing boat, and using some bits and pieces, like hemp cord string in spring bloom 2 colours, cocoa vanilla hello sunshine enamel shapes and a variety of word stamps and dylusion stickers, stuck these around the card.

Assemble the card by layering the the Mintay paper on top of the cardstock in colour of sponged edge and using dimensional, stick this to the white card stock.







And there you have some cute beach themed cards, where I would rather be today! It's so cold today!

Happy Crafting

Michelle xx







Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to Mishka's Crafty Creations

Halloween Tags and Cards

Polystyrene circle base and Lemon Craft Silence Papers