Inspirational Vision Board

For the last couple of weeks I have been working on a Inspiration Vision Board, and I am really happy where it is at right now and what I have done with it so far. I only get to play on the weekends, so my creations sometimes take a little longer than planned.

So what is a Inspiration Vision Board? 

There are all different types of "boards" people create, and these can be interpreted in so many different ways by an individual. The most common types are a "mood board"or "vision board", when someone is wanting to create a presentation to be inspired to achieve a goal.

Wikepedia states: a "Mood Board" is a type of visual presentation or a collage consisting of images, text, and samples of objects in a composition. It can be based upon a set topic or can be any material chosen at random. A mood board can be used to convey a general idea or feeling about a particular topic. They may be physical or digital, and can be effective presentation tools and the "Dream Board or Vision Board" is a collage of images, pictures, and affirmation of one's dreams and desires, designed to serve as a source of inspiration and motivation".

I've chosen to create a "Inspiration Board" similar concept as the Dream Board, whereas I am collating different images and words that will inspire me to focus on what I want to achieve and what inspires me, the little things that will motivate me, not just to be creative, but in life in general. These boards can be a brilliant idea if you are stuck on where you want your focus to be, whether it be for that holiday you are dreaming about, or a home project renovation and how you want the end result to be, something that will inspire you to get there and achieve it.

I found this frame from Kaisercraft some years ago with the intention to fill it with photos, it got stored away, and then we moved house, and it got stored away again! Finally I pulled it out and said to myself, "now is the time", and I was inspired to create the board through different means of self discovery and the direction I want to head in, and from having conversations with people who inspire me. 

My biggest stopper was how to start it to be honest, so I rummaged through my never ending piles of inspirational quotes, 12x12 papers and bits and pieces to see what I could dig out and started fussy cutting my way through the pile I collected, and mind you, it became a big pile and I probably won't end up using everything I fussy cut anyway, as really that wasn't my intention, my intention was to get started and see which direction it would lead me in.

The board is painted with a oil based white paint. I had painted it with two coats of acrylic paint, however I just didn't like the look of it. One of the tricks when I painted, was painting the inside frames with white acrylic paint. This gave me an outline on the backing to work with for my cut outs and work out how I wanted my things to lay out. 

Here is a sneak peak of my creation so far.


Frame and Frame Backing

Photo in place and frame on to get an idea of placement



You can probably guess that one of my inspirations is to ensure I keep on top of my journaling, hence the picture (one of my favourite pictures), whether it be writing whats on my mind with being thankful for the day or getting rid of negative thoughts or creating a mixed media page in my journal book, this picture reminds me to take time out to journal. 

Journaling is a great way to clear your mind at the end of the day or to begin your day with a clear mind and with gratitude for the day ahead. 

What are you waiting for - start creating your board.........If there is something you are dreaming about and can't reach it, make a board to inspire you! You can use anything, from magazine cut-outs, photos of your family/friends, your favourite travel destination or a destination you dream of going to, inspirational words, anything that works for you and your vision and dream. 

Happy Crafting
Michelle xx


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to Mishka's Crafty Creations

Halloween Tags and Cards

Polystyrene circle base and Lemon Craft Silence Papers