Polystyrene circle base and Lemon Craft Silence Papers

When I was sent this polystyrene circle base, at first I thought, "what does Julie expect me to do with this", so a little treat of white chocolate put me in a head space to create a picture perfect scenery using the Lemon Craft Silence paper collection, which is just so pretty.

This project required some fussy cutting, and you know I am not a huge fan of fussy cutting, although my patience with this didn't wear thin, and I actually enjoyed it, maybe it was the combination of pretty papers, coffee and yes, as mentioned the white chocolate :-) 


Firstly I started by tracing the circle base on one of the papers that already had a slight pink tinge through it, and then added more pink using the Tim Holtz spun sugar distress ink, this really made the paper pop.

Once that was done, I added a strip of paper on the bottom of the base to add some colour.

I then added some Webster fabric ribbon found in my stash that was just perfect for this project. I added a strip at the top of frames, a gate strip, and fussy cut the words for the bottom of the piece - Life's Portrait - Pure Smile, Today.

Using my mini circle stencil, I dabbed the stencil using distress paint in black soot, and a little squeezed lemonade.


Once that was completed, I decided which embellishments and words I wanted to use and started to fussy cut these from the beautiful Lemon Craft Collection

I then started to place these around the circle, using modge podge glue and dimensional to adhere the embellishments on to make some pop up.


Once everything was placed down, I added some stickles in ice glaze and some pearls in black and olive green to finish it off.




I love it! Picture perfect :-) 

You can find all the products I used from Scrap of Your Life and if you can't find what you need, message Julie and she will source it in!

Happy Crafting

Michelle xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to Mishka's Crafty Creations

Halloween Tags and Cards